Editor at Moneywise
Newspapers | London, United Kingdom, GB
* Award-winning online, print & magazine journalist / editor
* Experienced news and features writer, particularly strong at writing quickly for the web
* Excellent understanding of community strategy and social media
* Guardian journalist for 15 years, now Editor of Moneywise magazine
I spent 10 years at Money Observer – the consumer personal finance & investment magazine – rising from Editorial Assistant to Deputy Editor.
I then helped design & launch Guardianweekly.co.uk – a website for the international digest of the Guardian/Observer, which used first-person content sourced from Guardian journalists, the NGO community and Guardian Weekly readers.
I was asked to launch the website for the Guardian's Katine project – a £3m three-year development initiative with funding from readers and Barclays – to improve lives in Katine sub-county in Uganda.
I took a 7-month sabbatical before rejoining Guardianweekly.co.uk and steering it's relaunch on the main Guardian.co.uk platform.
In June 2010, I joined the Guardian's Consumer pod, working across the newspaper and website on personal finance, investment & consumer issues: from shopping & new technology to mortgages & the Budget. During my time I deputised for the Observer Cash editor & the Guardian Money website. For a year I was one of the Guardian's Consumer Champions, solving readers' problems.
In April 2013 I became Editor of Moneywise – the UK's leading personal finance magazine – and website.
Also, author of this: http://amzn.to/qLCKwY.
* Shortlisted for Broadcast Journalist of the Year (2014) at the Santander Media Awards.
* Shortlisted for BIBA's Best Consumer Advice award 2011 & Headline Money Mortgage Journalist of the Year 2011
* One World Media New Media Award for 2008 (guardian.co.uk/katine)
* IVCA Clarion 2008 award for Best Website (guardian.co.uk/katine)
* Association of Online Publishers’ Launch Award 2008 (guardian.co.uk/katine)
* AIC Best Consumer Financial journalist 2006